Child & family rights

Aboriginal woman and child
Has the ministry taken your children from your home?

Learn your rights and what you can do.

Grand mother
Alternatives to foster care are available

Learn about the Extended Family Program.

woman turned away
Do you or your children feel unsafe at home?

Abuse is a crime. Get help to access safety for your family.

Group of children
How a mediator can help and when to contact them

You can get a mediator if a social worker contacts you. 

Family enjoying a day in nature
Are you breaking up with the other parent of your children?

What to know about separation, divorce, and childcare.

clasped hands
What is a delegated Aboriginal agency?

Delegated Aboriginal agencies provide child welfare services. 

woman reading to her kids
Parents Legal Centres can help keep your family together

Learn how to solve your child protection matters early.

inuit woman and her child
Are you going to court about your children?

Hearings, court orders, and what they mean for you.